To affirm that there are several positive symptoms to those with dyslexia, here is a list of 18 of the positive symptoms of dyslexia:
- Strong imagination
- Easily grasp new concepts
- Surprising maturity
- Enjoy solving puzzles
- Talent at building models
- Excellent comprehension of stories read or told to them
- Strong reasoning skills
- Understand abstract ideas
- Learning easier through meaning rather than memorization
- Ability to see the "big picture"
- The ability to read and understand highly-practiced words in a area of interest or expertise
- Excellence in areas not dependent on reading, such as: math, computers, and visual arts, philosophy, biology, social studies, and creative writing
- Noticeable excellence when focused on a highly specialized area
- Easily express ideas and feelings
- Exceptional empathy and warmth, and feeling for others
- Easily adapt to new situations
- Inclination to think out of the box
Symptoms of Dyslexia--> There are more! Share positive symptoms you have noticed in dyslexics in the comment section below!
Free Dyslexia Webinar: “Dyslexia: From Symptoms to Solutions,” presented by Reading Horizons Dyslexia Specialist, Shantell Berrett.