1. “A Book on Every Bed” – This campaign was started last year in an effort to get a million books on the beds of a million children. The campaign continues on this year in an effort to foster a love of reading in children across America. Here’s how you can participate:
- Take a book (new or old).
- Wrap it.
- Place it on your child’s bed so it’s the first present they see on Christmas morning.
Here are some book lists full of books that would make great gifts:
- Top 5 Books For Backseat Readers (Age 9 And Up)
- Best new books for older kids
- Best new books for young kids
- Best new books for kids
2. Read about Christmas – The other day someone showed me the newest Kid History video and my favorite part was when the kids were explaining what Christmas is. It’s always cute to hear kids explaining how they make sense of the world. Like the kids in this short clip, your kids might not have the story of Christmas completely straight. This gives you a perfect opportunity to find books that fit your beliefs about what Christmas really is and read with your children.