Adult Literacy Programs Help Improve Job Skills
Top 5 Reasons to Improve Your Adult Literacy Skills in a Tight Economy
Looking for a job, or trying to keep the one you've got? Every aspect of finding,
acquiring and maintaining a job requires basic reading and writing skills.
Most jobs require the applicant to read at or above a 10th grade reading level.
Despite the need for literacy skills in the workplace, it has been reported by the
National Institute for Literacy that more than 20% of adults read at or below a
5th grade level - far below the level needed to earn a living wage.
(National Institute for Literacy, Fast Facts on Literacy, 2001) More ›
With the tight job
market and suffering economy there are several reasons why improving your literacy
skills is so important:
- Need to increase basic writing and spelling skills to fill out applications
and create resumes.
- Need to increase reading ability to read materials associated with the job,
most of which are at a high school level.
- Uncertain economy and job market has created a desire and need to improve
job skills to maintain employment or open other opportunities.
- Need to improve reading rate and efficiency to accomplish tasks
in a timely manner for job security.
- Need to improve literacy skills to increase the opportunity for advancement
within the company.
In the most flourishing business, adults know that the constant drive and effort
to improve oneself is huge factor in their success. Let us help you reach your full
potential. Click here to learn more
about the Reading Horizons adult literacy programs or call